Food Combining Rules For Weight Loss.
As with most diets there are some rules to food combining that you will need to learn in order to lose weight and aid your digestive system.
Below I have listed 10 rules which you should try and stick to.
- Drink a glass of water before your meals. It will make you feel full and then you won’t be able to eat as much and more importantly it will prepare the body for the digestive process.
- Don’t eat Proteins such as meat, eggs, fish and cheese with starches like potatoes, rice or bread. The reason for this is proteins digest best in an acidic solution. Starches digest best in an alkaline solution. The digestive tract can’t digest both foods simultaneously.
- Only eat one major type of protein at any single meal. You shouldn’t combine meat and eggs, meat and milk, fish and cheese. Your body needs 22 essential amino acids and 14 of them need to come from your food. So try to eat eggs for breakfast, lean chicken for lunch and fish for dinner as an example.
- Eat acids and starches at separate meals. Acids digest better alone and in an acidic solution whereas starches digest best in an alkaline solution. Avoid combinations like toast and orange juice. Don’t use vinegar with starch meals also.
- Eat fats and proteins at separate meals. As an example, nuts consist of over 50% fat and require hours for digestion so they should be eaten in moderation.
- Eat starches and sugars (fruits) separately. Fruits require no digestion in the stomach and are held up if eaten with foods that require digestion.
- Fruits must be eaten according to their acidic level. Avoid mixing highly acidic fruits with lesser acidic fruits because the amount of acidity determines the rate of digestion. Highly Acidic – Oranges, grapefruit, pineapple, lemons, limes. Less Acidic – Apples, pears, plums, grapes. Least Acidic – Bananas, watermelon, dried fruits such as raisins.
- Eat melons on their own. They combine with almost no other food.
- Forget about desserts after a meal. Eaten on top of a meal they lie heavy on the stomach, and ferment.
- Be sure to allow three hours between meals for proper digestion.
Some of the rules for combining foods may seam a bit confusing at first so I put together a food combining chart.
Incoming search terms:
- food combining rules
- food combining rules for weight loss
- rules of proper food combining